Based in Berlin I offer Life Coaching sessions, in either English or German, for individuals, parents and couples. I am also an experienced Speech & Language Therapist working with multi-lingual children and their parents in different international schools.
For me, these two careers, that could be so separate, dovetail with each other perfectly. Each influences my performance in the other and both fascinate me.
I was born in Berlin in 1971 and returned to this vibrant city in 2001 after ten years of studying and working in London. Inspired and enriched by the English language and the cultural diversity, I gained insight into many different lifestyles and built lifelong cross-cultural friendships.
I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a colleague and a friend. I know how much strength and mindfulness it requires to maintain the balance between these relationships. If we don’t manage we can quickly feel torn apart and unfulfilled. Often it only takes small changes for us to live a more connected and fulfilled life. Coaching can help us make these changes.
I am naturally curious and passionate about self-development and profound personal growth. To me, leading a rich and fulfilled life means being true to myself and in connection with others.
Investing in our relationships gives us the most valuable feedback about our inner selves. Our unique dynamics in all our relationships show how versatile and multi-faceted we are depending on what our counterpart is bringing out in us. To me, discomfort and uncertainty are essential companions for growing as an individual, as a couple and in relationships.
I love my family and my friends, swimming, singing, yoga and the sea.
I recently underwent a professional coaching with Annette Fernholz in Berlin over a period of 6 months. I appreciate her methodology and the tools used during the coaching sessions as well as her way of asking questions which is very direct and respectful at the same time. Ms. Fernholz is a reliable mental partner who contributes to make emerge the hidden resources in everyone. She is focused on her clients and an excellent sparring partner from an intellectual point of view. The coaching sessions are serious and fun at the same time. I strongly recommend her services in case of major business transformations or life changes.Frank F.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a very personal and individual process that stimulates and supports self-development. It is a powerful and joint process in which coach and client meet as equals and explore personal and professional issues.
Reasons for coaching may be:
- Desire for self-reflection and a deeper understanding of yourself
- Alignment with your values and needs
- Wish to improve personal relationships
- Family/Parenting issues
- Professional upheavals and changes
- Career development
- Feeling overwhelmed, empty and lost
- Lack of self-worth and self-respect
- Difficulty making decisions and committing yourself
- Acute crisis (illness, separation, moving, unemployment, death)
- Desire to obtain different results in life
Thank you, Annette.
The transformation that happened in my life was a result of your amazing coaching skills. You helped me to overcome my fears and achieve new growth as a person. I really value and appreciate the time I spend in your sessions. You are truly gifted and I can’t be more thankful.Dunia A.
- Coaching sessions last 90 minutes
- Parent and Couple sessions last 90 minutes
- A coaching process usually takes 4-10 sessions
My role as a coach is to ask questions and guide others to recognise and then alter any non-beneficial patterns of thought, feeling and behaviour. I then nurture the development of clarity and focus in order to create sustainable change.
My coaching style is characterized by empathy, humour and trust.
My coaching is systemic, solution-focused and time limited and the focus lies on your resources, strengths, values and own personal goals.
An initial non-binding conversation (20-30 min) is necessary to establish rapport, clarify topics, general conditions and expectations. If after that dialogue each of us is happy to proceed, I meet my clients approximately every two weeks. The intervals between the coaching sessions can be varied at a later stage.
Offers and Fees:
|Initial non-binding conversation|
|free of charge|
|1:1 coaching||170 €|
|Couple coaching||250 €|
|Parent and family coaching||250 €|
Being a parent is a wonderful and rewarding experience. And yet, a lot of parents struggle with daily challenges in dealing with the exhausting patterns of conflict and withdrawal.
I offer coaching for parents, who are looking for support in how to:
- Improve communication and mutual appreciation within the family
- Explore their own resources and strengths
- Regain confidence and trust in their children as well as in themselves as parents
- Feel more confident and authentic
- Practise love and compassion with themselves and amongst family members
- Have a relationship that is fulfilling and a source of strength to all of you
Reasons for parent coaching may be:
- Power struggles
- Sibling rivalry
- Lots of arguing and pushing boundaries
- Issues during puberty
- Lack of individual responsibility
- Different parenting styles
- Difficulties arising from life changes i.e. moving, birth of a sibling, separation and new partners (patchwork), death of a close person
- Feeling overwhelmed as a single parent
- Difficulties letting go of your children when they leave home
During the coaching process, parents identify and set their own realistic goals leading to greater clarity and satisfying solutions for all family members.
Das Coaching bei Annette war sehr kompetent und zielgerichtet. Aufgrund Ihrer langjährigen Erfahrung konnte Sie sich schnell in mich hineinversetzen. Annette hat mir enorm dabei geholfen, die Bedürfnisse meines Sohnes genauer zu verstehen und ihn in schwierigen Situationen besser zu unterstützen.Peter W.
I may incorporate some of the following methods during my coaching process:
- Client-centred communication by Carl Rogers
- Systemic-constructivist approach by Paul Watzlawick
- Systemic questioning techniques
- Provocative coaching based on F. Farrely /Dr. Noni Höfner (ProCo)®
- The Enneagram as a development model
- Rational-Emotive Therapy (RET) by Grieger and Ellis
- The inner team by Friedemann Schulz von Thun
- Crucible therapy approach by D. Schnarch (Workshop N. Westera)
As a coach I run supervision groups for speech and language therapists who wish to
- Benefit from professional exchange
- Receive supervision for their cases
- Practise parent talks through interview techniques and role play
If you are interested, please contact me via Email or over the telephone for further information.
Speech and Language Therapy
I have always been fascinated by human communication.
I studied speech sciences at University College London (BSc, MSC) and worked in London for several years as a speech and language therapist in different settings within the National Health Service. After ten years in London, I came back to Berlin via Pittsburgh and Paris.
Since 2001, I have been self-employed as a speech and language therapist and have been working in different international schools with multi-lingual children and their parents in German and English. The vitality, creativity and motivation of the children always inspire me.
I offer private speech and language Diagnostic Assessments for English speaking children either in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg or in Berlin-Zehlendorf.
My name is Erez and I am 55 years old. Since I was a teenager I worked and studied and I always loved what I did. I always managed to make a living and support my family very well-and yet something was missing…. About 4 years ago I turned to Annette and within a short time my life changed. I was able to deliver my work in a way that I didn’t think was possible-far beyond what I could have dreamt of.
About half a year ago corona changed everything and I could not continue to do my work in the same way. Once again, I went to talk with Annette and within a few weeks I organized myself and managed the new situation with great success-maybe even better than before.Erez P.
My coaching sessions take place in the Coaching Laden, Bötzowstraße 28, 10407 Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg
Coachings are also possible in Berlin-Dahlem (near underground station Free University)
Coaching can be face-to-face or online.
Phone 0049 30 81015146